Recruiting Staff in Developing Countries
Cowan will identify qualified staff and the most trainable individuals within a rural community using LAB. LAB allows for the proper, fair assessment of prior learning, knowledge and learning potential of both literate and illiterate individuals, upholding safety and security standards.
Use Cowan's specially designed recruitment tool for developing countries before you hire local. We'll save you time, money, and frustration.The following abilities can be assessed:
Non Verbal (learning ability)
Verbal and Numeracy
- Eye-sight and hearing (using a Schnellen Chart for eyesight and an Audiometer for assessing hearing ability).
- Hand-eye coordination
- Short and long term memory
- Visual perception: speed and accuracy
- Visual insight: recognition of objects
- Quantitative perception: count, proportions
- See the whole picture (Gestalt)
- Literacy (assessment of prior learning)
- Current Levels (Grade 0-12) in basic English (and 12 other languages).
- Numeracy and mathematics (assessment of prior learning)
- Current levels (Gade 0-12) in numeracy (mathematics).
Results are measured in computerized individual and consolidated management reports.
No comparable recruitment assessment tool geared to developing nations is currently available.